Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

The "Subarctic"

So, it has been just a tad cold in Michigan.  The type of weather were your nose hairs freeze together the moment you step outside and the wind bits through you like a steel blade.  I am talking cold.  However, I do find it comical when people in the Midwest complain about the cold.  Don't get me wrong, there are some downfalls to this type of weather.  Our pipes froze the other day and I can't do any re-purposing projects because it is just too cold in my workshop.

However, there are some great perks to the "subarctic" weather.  It gives me a great excuse to stay inside and curl up with a good book. And let me tell you, there is nothing better then a piping hot cup of coffee when it is a negative 15 degrees, no matter what time of day it is.

(The link's to both the bread recipe and coffee creamer directions are under "My Cravings Satisfied).

My dog, Liddy, has also taught me the art of sun bathing during the cold temps.  I have found her walking around and examining each spot until she finds the warmest one.  Let's just say she not exacting part husky.


My husband, Nick, will also openly admit he likes the cold weather.  It think he actually enjoys pushing snow, starting a fire in the wood stove, and the comfort food I whip up this time of year.  However, he does become a bit restless and finds an excuse to use a tractor even with only an inch of snow!


The winter is a time of rest and relaxation.  Even though I am busy at work, when home, there is time to think creatively, read something inspiring, and appreciate the warmth of family.  I enjoy nothing more than throwing a bunch of pillows and blankets down and enjoying family cuddle time during these dark, cold months.



But it is not always dark and cold, the winter at times gives us some stunning images.



No comments:

Post a Comment