Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Beautiful White Christmas

A Beautiful White Christmas

This year, Michigan was both blessed and cursed with a beautiful white Christmas.  Blessed by the awe inspiring landscapes covered in ice and snow, but cursed do to the number of power outages that raged through the state. 


My husband and I were lucky enough to only go without power for a few hours.  He spent Christmas Eve digging us out, but secretly I think enjoyed every minute of it!


The sunrise was absolutely gorgeous!  This is why I love living in the Midwest.  You cannot beat the peaceful surroundings and I will admit that I love SNOW!  


The ice that morning clung to the trees and created a sparkling effect like know other.  While it was beautiful, our hearts went out to all those without power and to all of the workers who spent countless hours over the holidays restoring power!


My puppy appreciated having her heat as she is not exactly a winter dog!  She definitely enjoys the view from inside and is looking forward to spring already:)



No comments:

Post a Comment