Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Wet Midwest Spring



Yesterday morning, my husband and I went for a ride to check out the flooding.  The sun had finally come out (we had not seen it in about a week) and even though it was cold I bundled up and grabbed my camera.  I took this picture off of Fry Road and giggled to myself as I took it.


The water had already declined from the night before.  This was also taken on Fry Road and Friday night the water was to the white lines on the road.


This is typically a corn field.....just saying.


 I know a lot of people have been talking about the great hundred year flood that occurred in 1986.  Now granted I was only 6 at the time, and don't remember much, but this just didn't seem to compare to the stories.  My husband and I both agreed that there was some flooding, some friends had some basemement issues, and planting is a little delayed, but this was nothing like the flood in 86.  What have is a rather wet Midwest spring, that brought some much needed water to the area.




No comments:

Post a Comment